I love easy to grab snacks, especially after a workout or yoga session! These Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls are the perfect bite; filled with protein and healthy fats!
Chocolatey, soft and a little bit sweet. I always have a stock of these in my fridge. They come across quite decadent but they’re also really great for you. Both almonds and walnuts are a good source of protein, plus the added scoop of your favourite vegan protein powder give these an extra boost. While the walnuts also bring to the table some really healthy fats and omega-3’s. Coconut, both the desiccated and oil, is another good source of healthy fat.
Whip up a batch of these Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls and let me know how delicious they are!
Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- 4 figs
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop unflavoured vegan protein powder I like IronVegan Unflavoured!
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a food processor pulse almonds and walnuts until fine. Keep as much texture as you like - stop before reaching a flour consistency.
- Add in figs and process again, until incorporated.
- Add in banana, cacao, protein powder and 1 cup of the desiccated coconut. Pulse until well combined.
- As mixing, drizzle in coconut oil. Depending on size of protein scoop, you may need to add more or less coconut oil in order to form balls.
- Form into balls using roughly 1 tbsp of mixture. (Can always make bigger if you prefer!)
- Roll in the remaining 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut. May have to press gently to get coconut flakes to stick.
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Store in the fridge for 4-5 days and enjoy!