Have I shared with you how much I LOVE Caesar Salads? I think I have. Needless to say, when I first went vegan I had a hard time. I missed Caesar salad, a lot. A little while ago, I shared the recipe for my epic Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing which you will need for this recipe. This one has a little twist. Try this Kale Caesar Salad with Spiced Chickpeas. You won’t regret it.
Kale gets a bad rep these days. But maybe people are so hard on it because they haven’t had it in a way that is freakin’ delicious? That’s my theory anyways. I love kale. It is incredibly nutrient dense so try it again, alright?
Kale offers Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium. Plus more. It’s high in antioxidants. It has cancer fighting properties.
The list goes on.
I’m of the mindset that if a food is really good for me, I’ll keep trying it in different recipes until I really enjoy it. Kale is one of those. And this Kale Caesar Salad is the recipe that will change your mind about kale.
Now I know some foods just aren’t for everybody. And that’s 100% okay! Eat what you enjoy and what feels good to your body. For example, I can’t seem to get around to liking beets. Or olives. I’ve tried. Some things just aren’t for everyone.
Kale Caesar Salad with Spiced Chickpeas
- chickpeas rinsed and dried
- vegan Caesar dressing
- squeeze of lemon juice
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and dry the chickpeas.
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil and spices until all coated.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes. Flip, shake about halfway through.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, make your Caesar Dressing.
- Now you can prepare the kale. Rip into bite sized pieces, removing the inner stem.
- Wash and dry, then add to a bowl with a squeeze of fresh lemon, salt and pepper.
- Massage your kale for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are done add to kale.
- Pour over dressing – personal preference on how much dressing you like!
- Toss until everything evenly coated.
Hope you enjoy!!
Food is medicine.