You guys, these Spinach Filo Cups were a total experiment in my kitchen the other night. And they turned out so fantastic. I will be making these again and again. Super easy and took hardly time at all, yet they come out looking fancy AF.
The filling is decadent and creamy. The filo gets flaky and crispy. The combo is perfection! These are awesome for a party appetizer or dinner, they’re super versatile.
Best part of these are how healthy they are. Packed with fresh spinach, those dark leafy greens! Super important for calcium, iron among other nutrients. And the filling’s creaminess comes from the cashews which are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Spinach Filo Cups
- 3 sheets vegan filo pastry
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened unflavoured non-dairy milk I used cashew
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 green onions
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 lemon - juiced
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut layered filo into 18 squares and fit gently into greased muffin tins
- Mix all filling ingredients in food processor until smooth
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of filling into each cup
- Slightly fold over edges of filo
- Bake for 15 minutes